Monday, December 8, 2014

Welcome to Weather in the Hud with Remy Mermelstein and Dillon Palmieri!

Welcome! Dillon and I have created this blog as another way for you to get our forecasts, discussions, maps and pictures and expand our horizon beyond Facebook. Our posts will be the same as on Facebook, and will include everything that we do on our FB Page. If you are new to us, you can go look at previous and current posts on our Facebook Page which can be found HERE. We will also begin the process of making a formal website soon, so look forward to updates about that. 

In addition to welcoming you to our new blog, I think it is a good idea to provide some background on who we are, and why you should listen to us about your everyday weather, as well as longer term weather and climate.

Remy (Me) - I am 16 and in 10th grade at Irvington High School in Irvington, NY. My love for weather has been around all my life, starting with my absolute obsession with winter and snowstorms since I was a toddler. In addition to weather, I pursue an active life in architecture, interning at a local architects office (Website can be found HERE) and doing many community projects, building, designing and landscaping. I am pursuing a pilots license as well, and my knowledge and love for weather helps greatly when flying. My weather page, Weather or Not in the Rivertowns with Remy Mermelstein has been up for about a year now, and I update it at least every other day or more with the latest in weather. I study weather extensively on my own time, and am extremely active in the forums on many weather sites, my favorite being Weatherbell where the knowledge of some of the worlds greatest forecasters are available to me, as well as the massive community of meteorologists, climatologists and pure hobbyists this world has. Dillon and I are also currently working with Joe D'aleo on Science Research involving correlations and effects between the NAO/AO/AMO/PDO...etc... Everyday brings a new realm of learning to us here at Weather in the Hud, and everyday we learn more. So thank you for joining us here to read our forecasts! And, as always, if you have suggestions, advice about our posts, or the weather and our forecasting PLEASE tell us - we are still students and we recognize that, and want to learn as much as we can. Thank you.

Dillon Palmieri – Hi! I am a sophomore at Irvington High School in New York. Like my colleague Remy, my obsession with meteorology started at a young age when I became fascinated by tornadoes at the age of four. From there, my interest in the field expanded to winter storms, severe weather, and finally grew enough for me to want to create my own weather forecasts. Starting last spring (2014), I began officially doing weather forecasts for the public in the Hudson Valley region with Remy on our Facebook page Weather or Not in the Rivertowns. Our popularity quickly grew into hundreds of followers as our forecasts were consistently accurate and provided detailed information that would otherwise not be provided for a specific area such as the Hudson Valley. I also am currently working with Joe D'Aleo, a very well-known meteorologist employed at Weatherbell on a science research project studying the effects of the AMO, PDO, NAO, and AO on global climate. I wish to thank you for visiting our site and please know we welcome any and all input from our followers to make our site better.

ONCE AGAIN! WELCOME TO WEATHER IN THE HUD WITH REMY MERMELSTEIN AND DILLON PALMIERI WE HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment