Monday, January 26, 2015

*****10:20PM UPDATE FOLKS...I HATE TO DO THIS...BUT I GOTTA*****

Latest Data coming in, plus my own observation of the radar returns are leading me to believe that 20"+ Is going to be hard to come by, unless we can REALLY ramp up the snow in the next 12-24 hours. 

SO, WE ARE ISSUING A NEW SNOW MAP, ***BUT NOTE THE OLD ONE IS STILL IN THE REALM OF POSSIBILITIES, DO NOT DISCOUNT IT*****. I ISSUE THIS WITH EXTREME CAUTION - IT WOULD NOT TAKE MUCH AT ALL FOR US TO GET IN THE ZONE OF 18-24+", BUT AT THIS POINT IN TIME, I THINK WE WILL JUST MISS THAT ZONE BY A TAD.

REMEMBER AS WELL, THIS STORM WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO REACH ITS POTENTIAL UNTIL AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT - SO WE STILL HAVE TIME. GIVE THIS MONSTER TIME.

COULD I BE WRONG? OF COURSE. BUT HEY, YOU GOTTA BE WRONG SOMETIMES...AND THIS IS A VERY TOUGH SCIENCE. FOR ALL WE KNOW, THE EURO COULD BE RIGHT, AND WE COULD END UP WITH 20" TOMORROW...BUT MY GUT IS TELLING ME DIFFERENTLY, FOR NOW AT LEAST.

NOT LOWERING TOTALS A TON, BUT ENOUGH.

IF DILLON AND I FEEL THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE TOMORROW MORNING, THEN WE WILL CHANGE IT.

You have to realize, that we can do ALL the forecasting we want, but nothing will be the observations and NOWCASTS. Do not take this as A CONCRETE THING, BUT MORE OF A GUIDE. Weather Models are guides, that we use to interpret and Observations of Radar/Satellite, etc. are the concrete things.

BLIZZARD WARNINGS STILL IN EFFECT, WINDS WILL STILL GET UP THERE. PLEASE BE CAREFUL, AND AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!




2 comments: